Julie Piazza-King, Director, Family Life Child Care Program, on High Quality Child Care Keeps Families Involved
At our centers we know that you, as a parent, want to give your child every opportunity to reach their full potential. We know there are many important factors to consider when looking for child care, such as a safe environment, stimulating curriculum and licensed and accredited facility. However, one important factor - if the program offers opportunities to keep parents informed and involved - can often be overlooked. Here are some ways Family Life Child Care works to keep you, as a parent, involved in your child's daily activities.
Continuous Open Lines of Communication through
- Daily activity sheets for your child
- Notices and flyer in your child's cubby
- Our Current parent web page, with information like: upcoming events, center newsletters, photos from activities in your child's classroom, menus, important forms, and more!
- Our Parent Handbook
- Our monthly center newsletter
We encourage parents to get involved by volunteering with us in the following ways:
- Getting involved with our Parent Action Committee (PAC) to plan special events and discuss other center ideas
- Chaperoning class field trips
- Helping with Center fundraisers
- Visiting our classrooms to read to the children